Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little bit of Hollywood in San Antonio !

On the Red Carpet at the Grid Iron Heroes, Friday Night Lights Premiere (thanks to Chris Canales for providing me with these images!) Here I am with Brad Leland and Kyle Chandler, the Creators of the "Beyond the Lights" Organization.
Last week, I was very fortunate to have been invited to walk the Red Carpet at the Premiere of the new Season of the Hit show "Friday Night Lights." I have to congratulate Mason PR for their job putting on this event. I have been lucky to attend Red Carpet events in LA and in Vegas and, I have to say, this one left nothing to be desired. The night started off with a VIP Party for the Sponsors of this event, whose proceeds will benefit the GridIron Heroes Foundation. It was my privilege to meet Eddie Canales(Founder) and his son (Chris), the inspiration behind the creation of this special foundation which lends its support to families whose children have suffered crippling spinal injuries as a result of playing sports, usually football. This is another example of something that's priceless that I am fortunate to have been a part of thanks to my participation on SURIVIVOR FIJI. I am particularly grateful to have been included in this event because I am the mommie of a natural born athlete, my 12 yr. old boy whose played QB, Front Guard, Pitcher...name the sport, he plays it...and may I sound like the proud mommie that I am..he's naturally great at all of them!!:-)
It was a treat to walk this Red Carpet with a fantastic actor, Kyle Chandler and a Hottie who made my day when he told me his attempt at getting on SURVIVOR :-) Drew, if you read this, I loved your story about the 1/2 hour wait in line and I love the call to your dad! Drew's done better than "survived" he's got himself a starring role in this series. Where's the line to get on your show, huney? I wouldn't know what to do with myself, w/food and water and clean clothes!! I'll stand in line for as long as it takes to get on that one...did you hear that, Peter (Berg, that is...the Director) :-) Stay tuned!!
Here are some extremely blurry photos..my camera ran out of batteries and I had to take them with my phone :-( Soon, hopefully, I can get some of the professional images that were taken that night to replace these. Here I am with Kyle Chandler.
Drew Water with his favorite SURVIVOR..lol.

1 comment:

Kendee said...

Hey Rita. I just decided to check out your blog. This is Kendee, I met you at the Bull Riding event with my little family a couple of weeks ago. It was really great to sit by you and your family. Here is a link to our blog http://steveandkendee.com/blog. Anyway, it would be great to keep in touch.