Wednesday, January 7, 2009

US Army Bowl 09

With some of the Best High School football Players (cuz I like Players..not haters..lol) and participants in the Army Bowl. Look out for these guys in the NFL someday!!
In b/t Coaches Herman Boone and Bill Yoast ("Remember The Titans")
So, my New Year is off to a great start! On New Year's day I went to show my support for a dear friend who was getting sworn in as a Justice of the Peace here in San Antonio, Stephen Walker. His ceremony was really nice. Thank you so much, Stephen, for that sweet special introduction of me that you didnt' have to do! Please take a look at his blogspot: www.thewalkerreport.net and Seach: Rita Verreos for images from that ceremony, among others! He's been a super fan of my participation on Survivor and has become a close friend who, in turn, has been very supportive as I work to get my tv career to the next level. While there, I ran into another super friend of mine, Judge Carleton Spears. From there we, my best friend Kim and my father, went to grab a delicious lunch on the Riverwalk. We received a call from our mutual friend, "Longhorn Eugene" who was busy with preparations for the "Army Bowl." He asked us to go by the Grand Hyatt Hotel where all the Coaches, Soldiers, and, of course Players were at. It turned out to be a very unexpected, but pleasant visit for me as I was honored to meet the Coaches that inspired the movie: "Remember the Titans" (see photos). They were so sweet and made me feel like a celebrity as they were impressed with my "Survivor" status :-) I, on the other hand, was humbled and blessed to have the opportunity to thank the TRUE Survivors, our soldiers!! I also got the treat of meeting Olymic champions of Double Trap shooting. Sgt. Glen Eller let me wear his gold medal so I decided to feel safe rather than afraid of these expert Double Trap Shooters.:-) As if that wasn't enough, the following day, another Olympian, SPC Jeff Holguin(see photo below)invited me to the San Antonio Gun Club for a demostration. He, then, showed me how to shoot his gun...hey now, get your minds out of the gutter.. I meant his Perazzi Shot Gun that he used at the Beijing Olympics to come in a very admirable 4th place!! I had AMAZING beginners luck..wish I had a video to show you that I missed the very first shot(I've never even held a rifle), but I got the 2nd and 3rd shots....Now I wish they had had a shooting challenge on Survivor Fiji...might have won some food for my tribe.
With Olympian, SPC Jeffrey Holguin

No comments: