Wednesday, April 1, 2009

George Gervin Celebrity Roast...the night before!


This year an AMAZING event took place here in San Antonio...and it's about time. The ICEMAN George Gervin was Roasted!! More than a handful of legends from the Sports world gathered in San Antonio to applaud Mr. Gervin not only for his achievements on the basketball court, but for his achievements outside the basketball court. The initiative to create a foundation to help keep children in school and focused as everyone in his organization helps this children make their dreams come true. I was so very fortunate to have been invited, by the lovely and professional couple Mr. Robert and Mrs. Liza Ortega whom, I feel, went beyond their call of duty in helping to organize this event. It began with a celebrity Golf Tournament, which I skipped because I'm still only a professional miniature golfer, but I'm about to get on this Golfing bandwagon cuz I HATE missin' out on "stuff!!." What I didn't miss out on, however, was the Spurs game the following nite. We were invited to watch this game from several of the Suites where we had a BLAST!! Here I am when we were waiting outside the AT & T center. My son was so jealous when he saw the above photo of me with Isaih Stanback and Courtney Brown from the Dallas Cowboys. With this image, and their autographs...and a promise to take him to watch them play in one of their games...they don't know about this promise..lol, my son was happy!
Here I am with my friend lookin' dashing as always! Priest Holmes. He and I, I recently found out during a laser hair removal session (hey! remember, I'm half Greek half Latin...so I gots to get rid of some serious hair..lol), that we go to the same Spa where I am one of their Spokesmodels. Stadia Med Spa, owned by Dr. Jaime Garza.

No comments: