Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Emcee for "Ovations for the Cure" of Ovarian Cancer. Boston, 07


One of the most amazing things I've ever done is Emcee this Stuart Weitzman fashion show in Boston, thanks to the invitation of one of the sweetest women I've ever met, Debbie Soprano. God continues to put "angels" in my path who then put me in front of other angels. Such was the case here. It was a chance meeting with the AMAZING Leeza Gibbons that led to my being introduced to Ms. Chery Kennick (the City of Hope-Los Angeles) by a mutual friend, Mr. Miguel Gutierrez. See how that works?lol. Anyhow, I was asked to Emcee a fashion show featuring the stylish and elegant designs of Stuart Weitzman. As if that wasn't enough, I got to Co-Emcee the fashion show with Mrs. Weitzman who is so elegant and has a great sense of humour. One of the highlights of the fashion show for me was when a pair of shoes covered in metal studs came out and she leaned over doing something that is practically impossible to do to me, make me nervous! when she asked me, "so Rita...do you like studs?" I was so not expecting that to come from her! I absolutely loved her and hope that I get the chance to Emcee another Fundraising fashion show/event for this wonderful organization (Ovations for the Cure) started by a true angel, Mrs. Patricia Franchi-Flaherty whom we lost to Ovarian cancer shortly after this event.

No comments: