Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Member of the Board: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ALL Star Charity Fundraiser 2014


With Kim Tindall, Winner of LLS All Star Woman of the Year, 2014
As they say, birds of a feather flock together! As such, at an event I attended to show my support for another dear friend, I met a giving woman, Angie Lozano (pictured with myself and TELEMUNDO Director of Marketing, Juan Zuani).  Angie was the 1st Runner up of a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's "Woman of the Year, 2013."  This year, she had joined a committee to help a fellow work colleague of her's, Kim Tindall, in her quest of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's National ALL Star Woman of the Year. Angie asked me if I could Volunteer to Emcee one of the fundraiser's for Kim's campaign.  At the same time that Angie approached me, I got a call from one of my dearest friends with the bad news that he had been diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer.  This prompted me to not just Emcee, but also  join the Fundraising Committee.

Click here to see me dance the Macarena...yes, you read right! Ha,ha, ha...as well as footage of a "Texas Hold' Em" Fundraiser our committee put together which includes  a fun interview of  Latin Grammy Winner Patsy Torres for the webshow that my fiancé and I Co-Produce & I Host, Latin ConnectionTV(#latinconnectiontv,#patsytorres,#latingrammy,#leukemiaandlymphomasociety,#allstarwomanoftheyear,#webtvhost,#coproducer,#carlmergenthaler,#ritaverreos)


Drum Roll please!  After 6 weeks of email blasting, fb posting-fundraising, I'm so very thrilled and proud to share that our Committees efforts were rewarded by the announcement that we had won the 2014 Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's National ALL Star Woman of the Year by raising over 100K!! Here are images from the evening of the Winners Gala held at University of the Incarnate Word's Skyroom.







With Richard Ojeda, Winner of San Antonio's "Man of the Year, 2104"

With Bella & Jasmin Mazuca, LLS Survivors







No comments: