Sunday, June 18, 2017

"Walkin' the Walk" to help JDRF walk in Ohio! with my fellow SURVIVOR Reality Show "Castaways!" 2017 #Charity



Those who know me well, know that I'll go anywhere and pretty much to anything when it comes to helping others .
 Thus, when a couple of weekends ago, I got invited to be a part of the "Reality 4 Diabetes" Team for the @JDRF Walk in Ohio, thanks to the generosity of a sponsor for my flight and "The Crown Plaza" Hotel off I went for a weekend filled with events with SURVIVOR and Big Brother fans which raised funds to continue research to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. So far our team raised over 36K, but many of us, including me haven't reached our individual goals. I'm only $80 away!! from reaching mine. If you'd like to be a part of helping me continúe to help find a cure for Diabetes, PLEASE, click here to make any size donation. For a $10 donation, I'm happy to mail you one of my SURVIVOR Fiji Autograph cards. Send me a message on my instagram, Facebook or twitter account with your address so I can mail you the autographed card like the one below-the back also has pictures-those are a surprise for those who make the donation! PLEASE click on this link to make a donation:http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk/SouthwestOhioChapter4501?px=11428236&pg=personal&fr_id=6642

Now, back to everything I was so happy to do at the event to raise funds- I
went straight from the airport to the "High Wire?!"  at "The Main Event."  See for yourselves!
Ready to Walk the High
Wire before I Walk the JDRF Walk! 😬 I'm not gonna lie, it was kinda scary!!
 Next to this "high-wire" walk, one of the highlights of my trip was meeting a fellow iHeart Radio colleague.  The wonderful Mr. Moe Patterson who was also one  of the main sponsors of this event so THANK YOU so much Moe to you and your brother for providing the home where many of my fellow Reality Show Stars stayed. 
I'm glad  it's not such a small iHeart World-also, apparently i Heart employees are into wearing light blue-LOL

From there, we went to my favorite thing to do, meet the wonderful people that are making the donations to the JDRF. Here are some images from the 1st of 2 "Meet & Greets," that took place this weekend.
I  told you I was a "people-person!"  HUGS for my fellow Latina SURVIVOR 2X Winner, Sandra Diaz-Twine below on the left and Danielle, one of our youngest fans , on the right below



and with my "BIG BROTHER," Victor Arroyo, not literal, I mean from the Reality Show...LOL
Team REALITY 4 DIABETES! I'm on far-right middle...strking a pose, even at 8am💃


 ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET...GOOO!!


It was quite a crowd, of ALL ages. Check out the tiny participant in the video below...Wait, does a stroller count as a walk? LOL

 so I had to stop and do some "sight seeing" during the walk thru Kings  Island Amusement Park-France in the middle of Ohio-who woulda thank it? LOL


After the walk with a couple of my fellow SURVIVOR "Castaways,"  Jerri Manthey and Sugar 

Here I am about to partake in the GO Kart race alongside other fellow SURVIVORS and BIG BROTHER contestants!  
and on our last day...how about some Miniatura Golf? Yes, please, here I am with my "Miniatura Golf Team" comprised of SURVIVOR contestants and fans of the show! These wonderful fans pay a fee to participate in all of these fun activities with us. All the money gets donated to our JDRF "Reality 4 Diabetes" Team fundraiser which this year raised close to $30K!

Watch and learn peoples!  ...ha ha ha, but serisouly, I tied for 1st place!, yay!


On the last day, hours before embarking my flight to return to my home in Fort Lauderdale, we partook in what's apparently becoming a craze, The #EscapeRoom Experience. I had never heard of this, but there's a reason I was chosen to be on Survivor- I'll do pretty much anything-positive, of course. Here I am with another fellow Latino SURVIVOR "Castaway" Billy Garcia as we try to salve a puzzle as we warm up for our "Escape Room" task

Here we are with the rest of our "Escape Room" Experience Team was made up of  SURVIVOR fans. We had a BLAST figuring out the "mystery" hiding place of the Cincinnati Reds baseball tickets- We did it minutes before I had to be whisked away to the airport to cach my return flight!!! Whew!!
Not before giving a HUGE thanks to Tasha Wilkie and ALL the sponsors who made our being able to be there possible including The @CrownePlaza Hotel and a HUGE personal thanks to one of our DEAREST fans formerly known as "Big Mike" whom we're so happy for and proud of, btw, for his losing over 100 lbs, thus avoiding a diagnosis of Diabetes! THANK YOU so much Mike for sponsoring my flight.

Before I say goodbye for now, I want to give special thanks to one of our wonderful fans who many of us now consider a friend, the gentleman to who took MANY of the photos I featured here, like this one right above, Mr. Roger Beane. Arlighty, now I'm ready to say Hasta la próxima amigos! Until next time my friends! Love you 💗God Bless you today and ALWAYS!🙏




No comments: