Monday, February 16, 2009

The Great American Tribute April 08

With Longhorn Gene at The Great American Tribute (getting mileage of this 20 year old dress designed by my brother Nick...as you'll see, I am wearing it, again, a year later!)
Last year at the Marriott Rivercenter Hotel, a wonderful event took place: The Great American Tribute..honoring HEROES from the US Army. The event was Emceed by Bill Curtis from A & E. It was the brainchild of Lt. Col. Rene Brown. This man, by the way, until recently, was the head of the #1 Recruiting Battalion in the US! I am very grateful to him for he took me under his wing, as a fan of SURVIVOR and brought me into the presence of the true Survivors, our soldiers. Longhorn Gene was also a big part of making this event possible. Longhorn Gene I met when we Co-Judged a Dancing With the Stars type event here w/Mario Lopez.
Now, Lonhorn Gene is the Host of "Longhorn Live," a one hour radio show (previously on The Ticket 760am) where, once in a while, I will co-host to interview Longhorn "Celebrity" fans, such as Dennis Quaid, whom I interviewed several months ago.

No comments: