Friday, October 7, 2011

Women of WOW"Let's Get Loud," Rally TO STOP bullying



When I was in Middle School..I was bullied (click on video below to hear full story). That's why I jumped at the opportunity to Emcee this event.  THANK YOU soooo much to Women of WOW, Ms. Ellie Rios(above, right) for asking me to do this!!  I had such a GREAT time.  They had a FANTASTIC lineup of guests from  Chief Mc Manus Comedian Big Daddy to motivational speaker, Fabian to the basketball players from the Texas Fuel team and State Representative, Joaquin Castro. As if that wasn't enough, I also get so pleasantly surprised by a fellow Greek!!  Aristoteli, aka, DJ Chad Austin!  A few years ago, my son was bullied. Here's the story:
                                                                     

After a long morning of Emceeing and greeting friends and fans, I was ready for a meal. Well, what do you know, I'm affordable after all! LOL
(above right) As I was getting ready to leave, the ever supportive Mr. JesseCamarillo surpriseme with the "Strike a Pose" for Breast Cancer Calendar that I'm so honored to be featured as Ms. July! I'm so grateful to the sweet fans whom I was able to give this reminder of continuing the fight for Breast Cancer. 
Here are the Women of WOW  marching around Hemisfair Plaza to spread the "Anti Bully" message Loud and clear!
Also present to share their stories of being bullied, my friend, Mrs. Petite Texas 2011 and the current Miss San Antonio America, Michelle Spencer. You're probably surprised to find out that most Beauty Queens were bullied or picked on in some way..I know I was, as I shared in the above video.

No comments: