Friday, August 27, 2010

On the Cover of TRENDS Fashion Magazine


The summer after appearing on SURVIVOR FIJI, I was very fortunate to have gotten a call from, Michael Quintanilla, the Fashion Editor for the SA Express News (former Fashion Editor of the LA times), with a proposal to feature me in a Cover Fashion Editorial for a magazine called SPICE. (http://ritaverreos.blogspot.com/search?q=News+Paper+Headline). I'm so blessed that, 3 years after my experience on SURVIVOR, I received, once again, a phone call from Michael wanting to feature me on the cover, once again with en editorial Swimwear photoshoot inside the magazine. I was so thrilled and grateful and VERY surprised that he chose to feature me on the cover. As if that weren't enough, a week after the magazine came out,he received a request from Dillard's to have me do an autograph signing due to the success in swimwear sales that,apparently, my images in TRENDS, had generated. Thus, I arrived at Dillard's on a weekend Saturday, this past June, to find the assistants filling a bunch of gift bags. I was worried they were filling too many!! God is so good to me, that my fear of no one coming out to see little ole me, were without foundation. The autograph signing brought out a wonderful outpouring of people who have been admiring my work from afar. I'm so grateful to everyone for the time they took to come out and meet me. I pray God continues to give me opportunities to keep doing things with my career that serve the double purpose of providing for my children and giving back to this city that I love so much.
Above, a short video at the autograph signing. Here I am w/Michael Quintanilla and, the photographer, Kevin Geil as he captures the last rays of sunlight! ...and below, the cover shot!
The Fashion Expert does his thing...placing the scarf just right:) To the right, striking one last pose..in the JW Marriott Resort Spa Pool..
Rita on the rocks..literally..lol!

1 comment:

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Looking gorgeous!

xo,
Cristin
{D's friend from Cali}