Wednesday, October 1, 2008

With the beautiful and generous, Leeza Gibbons


This was the second time I've been so lucky to meet up with Leeza. I first met her thanks to one of the BEST agents I've had thus far, my mother, Raquel. She told me Leeza was in town, San Antonio, for the opening of her first "Leeza's Place" dedicated to care for caregivers, specifically, those caring for Alzheimer's patients, such as was Leeza's mother. I was very lucky that it turned out that one of my dearest friends, Miguel Gutierrez, whom I had met when Coaching the Miss Latina Crown contestants 3 yrs. ago, was now Leeza's right hand here in San Antonio. It was he who immediately introduced me to her and we clicked instantly..thanks to being "fellow" REality Show contestants. In fact, in the speach she had given that afternoon, she spoke of how gruelling and out of the box "Dancing With the Stars" was for her. She just about fainted when I told her I was on SURVIVOR. She was so sweet and told me how impressed she was with me. A couple of weeks later, I received a call from Miguel asking me to step in for Leeza as Emcee for a Stuart Weitzman fashion show in Anaheim, CA, benefitting The Ovarian Cancer Organization. WOW!! I will post a video about that event soon, I hope!! and what that one led to. THANK YOU SOO MUCH, Miguel and Leeza!!!

No comments: